6 Questions to Ask This Off-Season
It’s the little things that make a big difference in making a basketball program successful in the long term. It is the little things that make an average team a good team, a good team a great team and great team a championship team.
Here are 6 questions every player and coach in your program needs to answer:
- In addition to winning a championship, what other goals does your team have for next season? Are they written down? Are they discussed daily?
- Does each coach and player on your team know their exact role? Do they embrace it? Do they take pride in it? Is everyone’s role clearly communicated to everyone in the program?
- Do your players know what a good shot is? Have you clearly defined this?
- Does your staff prepare for off-season workouts with the same mentality that they prepare for games? Do your players?
- Is everyone in your program committed to becoming the best version of themselves that they can? Do they get 7-8 hours of sleep every night? Do they eat well? Do they read/watch/listen to personal development resources?
- During workouts, do you have any Energy Vampires? Or Energy Givers? Is the enthusiasm palpable and contagious?
If you can’t answer YES to all of these questions, then you aren’t doing everything you can to have your team reach their potential next season. You need to do the little things every day to make a big difference!
Thanks for reading, time to get back in the gym.